Got limited time to maximize your workout? Check out these 5 “bang-for-your-buck” exercises that work multiple muscle groups in one move, with bonus points and options to make the exercises more intense by adding a cardio and power element. Work at your own pace, and only add the options if you want to get your heart rate pumping!
Start with a warmup of squats, reverse lunges, inchworms and arm swings and circles.
Begin with 5–8 reps of each exercise, and complete two sets of each exercise. Work your way up to 12–15 reps of each exercise, completing two sets.
- Squat to Press + Jump Squat
- Plank Row with Pushup + Mountain Climber
- Lateral Lunge with Bicep Curl + Speed Skater
- Super-Push (Superman Pushup) + Fireman Roll
- Hip Thrust + Standing Hop or Burpee
As with any exercise program, consult with your doctor. Make sure to take each exercise at your own pace, and only add on the options if you want to add a cardio and power element to your workout.