No more boring lunches! This pumpkin and feta chicken salad will bring the life back into work-day lunches.
What you’ll need (serves 2)
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 bunch brocollini200 g chicken thigh
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 tbsp kim chi or sauerkraut(fermented vegetables)
- 30 g goat’s feta1 small handful walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C
Peel and dice pumpkin, coat in coconut oil and bake in oven until soft.
Boil a small saucepan of water and steam broccoli. Set aside to cool.
In a pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook over a high heat, flipping halfway.
Place the spinach mix as the base in a large bowl or plate. Add fermented vegetables, roasted pumpkin, and diced broccoli. Crumble goat’s feta on top, sprinkle walnuts and dress with extra-virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Top with diced chicken before serving.
Browse more healthy eating recipes and kick-start your journey to health and wellness.